TCII-1600ST DDR1/2/3 & SDRAM
Functionality meets affordability
Testing DDR3 memory at enhanced complex bus speed is something that test engineers would like to see in their memory test system. Triad Spectrum is proud to announce the new TCII-1600ST memory test system that tests DDR3 memory at enhanced complex bus speed up to 1600Mbps.
Optional heat chamber is available to be combined with the TCII-1600ST test system.
Empower your business today with TCII-1600ST
Affordable and productive
- DDR3 - 800Mbps, 1066Mbps, 1200Mbps, 1333Mbps, 1600Mbps
[ 240P LODIMM, 204P SODIMM, 204P SORDIMM, 240P DIMM LRDIMM ]
- DDR2 - 400Mbps, 533Mbps, 667Mbps, 800Mbps
[ 240P LODIMM, 200P SODIMM, 200P SORDIMM ]
- DDR1 - 200Mbps, 266Mbps, 333Mbps, 400Mbps
[ 184P LODIMM, 200P x32 LODIMM ]
- SDRAM - 200Mbps, 266Mbps
[ 168P LODIMM ]
In a production environment thru put is the key.
Do not be fooled by competitors who promise "real time testing", etc. as an alternative to enhanced bus speed testing. The terms are not synonymous and you have to be comfortable that your memory modules and chips are being tested in a manner that insures they will operate properly in the new high speed systems that are entering the market.
The TCII-1600ST can be used as a production tool as well as an engineering tool. With over 35 standard industry test patterns available for use in your testing process, there is no problem selecting the right patterns for your particular needs. In addition to the DC testing, the TCII-1600ST also supports AC testing. The AC testing feature will allow the end user to program test patterns using the script code option offered by Triad Spectrum.
The TCII-1600ST comes with 4 DUTs to assist you in this process. If you determine you need more test capability you can upgrade to multi-unit for testing in parallel. To further enhance the TCII-1600ST as an engineering tool, Shmoo plotting is an option that is available for design engineers to use when introducing new modules before they go to production. There is also engineering characterization for the DC/AC parameters. Error logging on Row/Column/BA and DQ's is available.
Manufacturers of memory devices continue to stress the importance of reducing the costs to manufacture modules while maintaining test integrity. Major OEM's have challenged the engineering team at Triad Spectrum to develop a test system that will compete with higher cost ATE's in terms of achieving the type of correlation found in high end ATE's yet at a fraction of the cost.
The TCII-1600ST is being released and will offer more DC patterns than the previous version of TurboCATS memory test systems currently in use by a large number of major OEM's. The speed of the DDR3 memories requires that termination resistors used on DIMM's have the right value. If a wrong value is used or if a termination resistor is placed incorrectly on the PCB, the DIMM is very unstable in a high speed environment.
Leakage tests, contact tests, and connectivity tests are now part of the basic package offered in the new TCII-1600ST memory test system. Eliminating mistakes in the early stages of testing saves both time and money for the OEM during the production process. These critical tests are now available in a test system that offers correlation results equal to much more expensive ATE's at a fraction of the cost.
NEW! Considering 2133Mbps DDR3 & DDR4 Upgrade?
Learn more about Triad Spectrum NEW TCIII-2133ST 2133Mbps DDR3 and DDR4 DIMM test system.
Bit Failure Mapping
Bit failure mapping is a tool that helps users to find and display the failed DQ bits in the RAM. The corresponding row and column address of the failed DQ bits will be spotted and displayed for the user with the aid of the diagrams.
The failed Bank is spotted (Figure 1) and then the user can find the location of the failed DQ bit (Figure 2) if the user double-clicks the failed Bank.
Enhanced DC (VSIM & ISVM)
1. Voltage Sense and Current Measurement (VSIM)
This will detect shorts on the signal line as well as detect proper values of resistor packs and discrete resistors to insure that proper values are used in all places as well as insuring that they are properly mounted.
2. Current Sense and Voltage Measurement (ISVM)
A pattern that will detect any "open pins" on the contacts between test sockets and DIMM's before functional testing begins. This pattern will also detect any open pins on both passive and memory components on the PCB.
3. System Power Short Protection
4. VREFA / VERFQ
Voltage ref short detection including programmable VREFCA and VREFDQ.
Optional Script Code Function
Traditional test systems provide the user with a variety of AC test patterns to use in their testing process. If a customer wanted the capability to generate a proprietary test pattern, they had to purchase a high-end automated test system. For most companies this is cost prohibitive and not a viable option.
Triad Spectrum has once again listened to what the customers are saying and is proud to offer a new feature called "Script Code" in its new test system, the TCII-1600ST. In this new system, the customer can use the script programming language to create a customized test pattern. Once the pattern is created, the "Script Code" pattern generator/ compiler is used to compile the code and then generate the new test pattern.
The "Script Code" function also serves as a powerful compiler/debug tool. It contains a built-in compiler and debugger for the "Script Code" programming which allows the customer to monitor the timing waveform of the programming algorithm as well as the timing bus transactions. This is all accomplished under the "Signal Tap" tool.
The new pattern is then imported into the test list and gives the customer a customized pattern with AC (tSU, tWD, tSAC, tRCD, tCL, tAL, tWR, tRP, tRC, tREF, tRFC, etc.) and DC (Vdd, Vref) parameters for testing their product. In addition to the above, the customer can also create a motherboard test pattern algorithm using the "Script Code" function. The TCII-1600ST performs the test with no wait states in the operating system.
Utilizing the "Script Code" function gives the customer a high degree of flexibility in terms of timing bus programming for creating unique Read and Write programmingtransactions under best and worse case AC parameters. This can also be used to create a no-wait state bus transaction in the Read to Write cycle.
NEW Powerful Integration
- Script Code Function
- Older model Triad Spectrum test systems provided a wide variety of AC test patterns but did not allow the user to generate a proprietary test pattern. The new TCII-1600ST offers the "Script Code" feature. This will let the end user program proprietary test patterns.
- Utilizing the script programming language, the customer can create a customized test pattern and then use the Script Code pattern generation compiler to compile and generate the new test pattern. The new pattern is then imported into the test list with AC (tSU, tWD, tRCD, tCL, tAL, tWR,tRP, tRC, tRFC, etc) and DC (Vdd, Vref) parameters for customized testing.
- The end user can also create motherboard test pattern algorithms, utilizing the Script Code function and then use this in addition to the programmable AC and DC parameters. Test patterns in the TCII-1600ST perform much faster than the stand alone Motherboard test because there are no "wait states" in the operating systems.
- Script Code programming gives the end user a great deal of flexibility in programming the timing bus to create a unique Read and Write bus transaction under best and worst case AC parameters. In addition, a "no wait" state bus transaction can be created in the Read to Write cycle.
- A built in compiler and debugger environment is in the Script Code programming. This allows the user to monitor the timing waveform of the programming algorithm and the timing bus transactions under the Signal Tap tool.
Combination of Failures
- Functional Failure: Cell stuck-at, coupling, neighborhood sensitivity and software error faults.
- Parametric Failure: (AC) Speed timing vs. Vdd threshold, (DC) Leakage and Idd's.
- In-System Failure: System chipset functional, timing sensitivities and specific application.
- Hot-Temperature Failure: System high temperature environment.
Optional Heat Chamber
Heat Chamber is available to be combined with the TCII-1600ST test system.
- Seven-segment Temperature Display
- Temperature Setting Option
- Temperature Range (85°C - Room Temperature)
- Pneumatic Control System
- Automatic level-control, manual operation not required
|DDR3 - PC6400 (800Mbps), PC8500 (1066Mbps), PC10600 (1333Mbps) & PC12800 (1600Mbps)|
|DDR2 - PC3200 (400Mbps), PC4300 (533Mbps), PC5300 (667Mbps) & PC6400 (800Mbps)|
|Operating clock frequency from 200Mhz to 800Mhz|
|Form factor supports: 240P LODIMM, 200P SODIMM, 204P SODIMM, IC components, Custom form factors|
|Single adapter supports both unbuffered and registered module testing|
|Supports LRDIMM testing, with voltage supply 1.35v - 1.5v & clock frequency 400Mhz - 800Mhz|
|Supports AC/DC parametric and user script pattern programming|
|Supports SPD programming, read and test|
|Over 35 industry standard AC test patterns available to the end user to customize their test lists|
|Error logging up to 512 locations of Row/Column/BA/Burst/DQ's|
|"Optional" 4, 8, 12 or 16 module testing, in parallel, for high thru-put on production floor|
|"Optional" heat chamber for hot environmental testing from 32°C to 85°C|
|"Optional" handler interface are available for combining the TCII-1600ST tester with Automatic handler|
NEW Powerful Integration
An optional handler interface allows the TCII-1600ST to communicate to a handler which perform DIMMs sorting and binning after testing.
- Main Operating Window
- Shmoo Plot
- Signal tap with timing diagram
- Script code
- DC connectivity function
- DC contact function
- Test list
- Security privilege